Monday 18 January 2016

Cake Smash - Alice




        My sweet niece turned one, last week! I can hardly believe it's been a year already, since that beautiful January day. There are really no words to describe how grateful we are for her, in our lives. It has been so fun to watch her Mommy and Daddy this past year, as they celebrated each milestone and phase of her 1st year. They are the cutest parents and deserve all the happiness and joy that comes with having a child.

      I've taken some time to look through Alice's newborn images, a couple of times this past week and as I did, I couldn't help but be reminded of that sweet, irreplaceable time. I feel so blessed that I was able to make a trip up there to take her newborn pictures and to soak in as much Auntie time, as those 4 weeks could possibly allow. THIS is why you take pictures, people. Not only to remember what your loved ones looked like at different stages, but to remember ALL of those intangible details that life offers.

     This Christmas, we had the opportunity to visit them. Knowing her 1st Birthday was just around the corner, we decided to do a Cake Smash Session with her, while I was in town. I always feel a bit out of my element, when I'm not in my own photography space, with my 'go-to' props, to do sessions such as this, but I love a challenge and of course, I didn't want to miss the opportunity to do this for my niece! My goal for her cake smash was to keep it simple, yet incorporate some meaningful touches. I was on the hunt for wood floors, and good natural light. It worked out great and we found the perfect spot in my brother-in-law's parent's kitchen.

      Since my sister lovingly refers to Alice as their 'rainbow baby', so she decided to make this ADORABLE rainbow tutu and matching head band. Don't you think she did an incredible job?!? Another sweet touch that my sister wanted us to incorporate was, a cupcake, instead of full on cake. When my Sister was pregnant with Alice, they decided to do the gender reveal by wrapping up a vanilla cupcake with pink icing, and had my Mom open it while we all watched. I loved that my Sister thought to use a cupcake instead of a full cake. So simple and so Tracy!

     I love how this Cake Smash turned out and I love this little sweetheart even more. There is something so special about having a niece, and to be called an Auntie.

Happy Birthday my Alice dear! I love you more than words can say!















No comments:

Post a Comment